Model Maker-CNC Machinist
Company: Globus Medical, Inc.
Posted on: June 5, 2019
MODEL MAKER-CNC MACHINIST
This new division of Globus Medical is developing next-generation
surgical robotic platforms for spine, brain, and therapeutic
markets. Globus Medical s first Robotic system recently launched
and is enabling surgeons to perform procedures more quickly, with
greater accuracy, safety, and reproducibility. Building on this
innovative technology, additional synergistic products are
currently under development to enhance clinical work flow and
promote robotics adoption in the operating room. With our rapid
growth, our team is looking to enhance internal capabilities with
an enthusiastic and highly team oriented Model Maker.
The Model Maker will support product development with prototype
fabrication, part rework, and design for manufacturing input. This
individual will collaborate with the engineering team and be a key
contributor to design reviews and brainstorming sessions. This
includes bringing a product from idea/concept through design,
prototyping, development, testing, manufacturing, and to product
introduction. Duties also include responsibility for machine
maintenance, calibration, regularly scheduled maintenance, and
routine servicing. Additionally, this individual is responsible for
maintaining a clean working environment throughout the prototype
* Fabricate prototypes, models, and rework parts with multi-axis
CNC mills, CNC Mill Turn Lathes, and manual shop equipment
including mill, lathe, band saws, hand tools, and measurement
* Work closely with engineering team to provide design for
manufacturing input. Experience quoting machined parts is a
* Program parts with CAM software, Solidcam preferred.
* Perform routine maintenance and servicing of machines.
* Maintain clean work environment in the prototype shop by regular
cleaning and upkeep.
* Adhere to the letter and spirit of the company Code of Conduct,
the AdvaMed Code, MedTech Code, and all other company policies.
Ensure Compliance with applicable governmental laws, rules, and
regulations, both in the United States and internationally, by
completing introductory and annual training and maintaining
knowledge of compliance as it applies to your role.
* Represent the company in a professional manner and uphold the
highest standards of ethical business practices and socially
responsible conduct in all interactions with other employees,
customers, suppliers, and other third parties of Globus.
* 3+ years experience in CNC programming & operation, medical
device prototyping preferred.
* Proficient programming, setting up, and safely using multi-axis
CNC mills & CNC mill turn lathes.
* Ability to read and work from mechanical drawings, including
familiarity with GD&T. Ability to generate drawings in
SolidWorks is a plus.
* High school diploma required.
* Proven creative skills in design and ability to improve existing
* Well organized, detail oriented, self-starter who can work with
* Strong team-player with excellent communication skills.
* Working knowledge of Windows, Microsoft Office, and E-mail.
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. The employee is occasionally
required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or
crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10
pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific
vision abilities required by this job include close vision,
distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception
and ability to adjust focus.
Globus Medical is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be
discriminated against on the basis of disability.
If you do not remember your password click here.
Back to Search Results
Keywords: Globus Medical, Inc., Methuen , Model Maker-CNC Machinist, Other , Methuen, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!