Internship - Safety
Company: MYR Group
Posted on: March 13, 2019
Harlan Electric Company is currently seeking a Summer Safety Engineer Intern for their Methuen, MA district!
Celebrating 75 years in Electrical Construction, Harlan Electric Company has built more than the electrical infrastructure that powers our nation, we've built strong and dedicated employees who have fueled our continued success. The skills, talents and commitment of our employees is what makes Harlan Electric a leader in the electrical services industry.
Why should you apply to be a Safety Engineer for Harlan Electric? If you were to ask our employees why they like working for Harlan Electric, chances are they would say, From the projects we're engaged in around the nation, to the people we hire and work with, our employees are exposed to a variety of environments, situations and people - all factors that ultimately help each and every one of us to grow both personally and professionally.
MYR Group is committed to providing students in the construction industry the opportunity to gain supervised practical experience. As an intern, you will be positioned in the field, office or divide the internship into both areas, depending on the project need. The goal is to expose you to as many areas as practical for the specific project you are assigned to.
Benefits of a Harlan Electric Company internship:
* Gain a realistic perspective of the working world
* Obtain marketable work experience and make valuable business contacts
* Earn money while in school
While in the field, you will work under the direction of one or more employees of Harlan Electric while performing varied duties as needed.
* The intern will assist Safety Engineers and Safety Managers for various projects
* Assist with various duties related to reporting, policy, and procedure adherence
* Assist with site walks to identify unsafe work conditions and practices
* May communicate with management, outside local safety agencies, and insurance carriers
* May assist with review and follow-up on corrective measures including recommendations of the safety committee, insurance carrier, and/or other safety consultants
* May assist with reviewing injury and illness investigation reports
* Work on special projects
* Understand and comply with the Company's Code of Business Conduct and Ethics and other industry-specific professional and ethical conduct standards, if applicable
* Candidates must currently be enrolled in a Construction Management or Occupational Safety related program
* Must have excellent oral and written communication skills, attention to detail and strong analytical skills
* The right candidate will be self-driven and have the ability to stay on task for extended periods of time
* Proficiency with Microsoft products to include Word and Excel is required
Apply at: www.myrgroup.com. If you require an accommodation to complete the online application, please call our Employment Hotline at 1-855-635-1321.
MYR Group Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Keywords: MYR Group, Methuen , Internship - Safety, Other , Methuen, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!