Staff Chaplain - Londonderry and Merrimack Valley Regional Campuses
Company: Dana-Farber Cancer Institute
Posted on: November 19, 2023
The Staff Chaplain, Londonderry and Merrimack Valley Regional
Campuses, will provide spiritual support and services to patients
and caregivers and the Dana-Farber community. This position
includes occasional meetings or coverage at other DFCI sites as
needed. - Located in Boston and the surrounding communities,
Dana-Farber Cancer Institute is a leader in life changing
breakthroughs in cancer research and patient care. We are united in
our mission of conquering cancer, HIV/AIDS and related diseases. We
strive to create an inclusive, diverse, and equitable environment
where we provide compassionate and comprehensive care to patients
of all backgrounds, and design programs to promote public health
particularly among high-risk and underserved populations. We
conduct groundbreaking research that advances treatment, we educate
tomorrow's physician/researchers, and we work with amazing
partners, including other Harvard Medical School-affiliated
- Visit patients who request or are referred by a member of their
DFCI care team for religious, spiritual, or existential support at
any point in their DFCI care journey.
- Daily Rounding as member of DFCI interdisciplinary care team,
advocating for spiritual needs of patients and caregivers,
following up with in-person visits as possible/appropriate.
- Respond to codes with compassionate presence, providing
spiritual care to patients and caregivers, and following up with
staff as needed.
- Collaborate with inter-professional care team in crisis
situations; ensure compassionate care and safety of patients, their
caregivers and DFCI staff, providing follow up support as
- Inform patients/caregivers and staff of spiritual resources of
DFCI Multifaith Chapel, spiritual support groups, devotional items,
community clergy, and more, honoring the breadth of faith and
spirituality, inclusive of those with no identified faith or
practice in provision care.
- Document visits in the electronic medical record and refer to
other members of the care team as appropriate.
- Lead interfaith gatherings, services and ritual for
patients/caregivers and staff as requested.
- Practice DFCI core values of Inclusion, Diversity & Equity,
engaging in ongoing learning and honoring the Belonging of every
member of the DFCI community- patient, caregiver, and staff.
- Master of Divinity/Master of Theological Studies OR Master
level degree in related field w/ 4 years clinical experience in
health care chaplaincy.
- Minimum of one unit of Clinical Pastoral Education (CPE)
required, 4 units of CPE preferred.
- Board Certified or eligible within 18 months of hire
- 1 year of clinical experience in health care setting w/ Master
of Divinity or Master of Theological Studies (Oncology Preferred).
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including on
the phone and in writing.
- Familiarity with use of electronic medical record.
- High level of cultural sensitivity and cultural humility.
Strong commitment to diversity and inclusion.
- Patient-and family-centered orientation; ability to demonstrate
empathy in difficult situations.
- Ability to communicate with all members of a multi-disciplinary
team and promote and engage in relationship-building At Dana-Farber
Cancer Institute, we work every day to create an innovative,
caring, and inclusive environment where every patient, family, and
staff member feels they belong. - As relentless as we are in our
mission to reduce the burden of cancer for all, we are equally
committed to diversifying our faculty and staff. - Cancer knows no
boundaries and when it comes to hiring the most dedicated and
diverse professionals, neither do we. If working in this kind of
organization inspires you, we encourage you to apply. Dana-Farber
Cancer Institute is an equal opportunity employer and affirms the
right of every qualified applicant to receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender
identity or expression, national origin, sexual orientation,
genetic information, disability, age, ancestry, military service,
protected veteran status, or other groups as protected by law
Keywords: Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, Methuen , Staff Chaplain - Londonderry and Merrimack Valley Regional Campuses, Other , Methuen, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!