Personal Care Specialist
Company: Element Care
Posted on: September 23, 2022
The Personal Care Specialist serves as a member of the PACE
Interdisciplinary Team. Under the direction of a licensed nurse,
incumbent participates in all aspects of the planning,
implementation and evaluation of personal care and safety for the
participants at the ADH and in the community. This position is full
time Monday thru Friday 8am to 4pm with no weekend or holiday
hours. Essential Functions:
- Assists participants with all aspects of personal care at the
site, and in the community, as directed.
- Assists with meals at the site, including 1:1 feedings. Follows
all diet and fluid restrictions, and encourages diet
- Assists Nursing with specimen collections, oxygen and vital
- Reports all medical complaints/changes (participant's physical,
cognitive and/or functional status) to the primary nurse.
- Serves as an escort for medical, and other pertinent
appointments as needed.
- Performs all tasks as indicated on daily assignment.
- Restocks supplies and monitors the cleanliness of exam rooms,
bathrooms, kitchen and supply closets.
- Sanitizes tables, chairs, water cooler, exam tables, etc.
- Assist with activities, special projects, and therapeutic
- Performs vital signs and transfers participants safely.
- Completes required trainings timely and attends monthly
meetings and trainings as required.
- Adheres to all policies and procedures.
- Maintains and attend CPR training as required.
- Ability to pass a fit test. Position requires mask where seal
is critical. Incumbent is required to not have facial hair that
interferes with a tight seal of the respirator.
- Performs other duties, as required. Job Specifications:
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- HHA certification or equivalent.
- Minimum one (1) year of experience with the geriatric
- Ability to relate well to elders and anticipate their
- Ability to perform vital signs, lifting of participants for
transfer, and communication of participant changes.
- Effective communication, verbal and written.
- Consistently works in a positive and cooperative manner with
- Intermediate Microsoft computer skills preferred.
- Frequent local travel
- Proof of Covid vaccines required. PI190417169
Keywords: Element Care, Methuen , Personal Care Specialist, Other , Methuen, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!