Company: Albertsons Companies
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Job Title Transportation Manager
Location: Methuen, MA
Reports To Director Distribution
FLSA Status Exempt
Department Transportation Effective Date May 7 -- May 18,
Oversees and manages all aspects of the Transportation
department within the Distribution Center to include all inbound
and outbound shipments, regulatory and compliance issues, oversees
equipment maintenance if applicable, following Company
Job Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Coordinates and supervises overall transportation activities to
include: maintenance of an economical and efficient transportation
system; schedules of inbound and outbound shipments; recommending
the purchase or lease of necessary equipment; and fleet
- Ensures maintenance of Company records, this may include: fuel
costs, mileage, repairs, backhaul revenues, driver hours and
- Produces and implements methods of operation to control cost,
while effectively utilizing personnel and equipment.
- Develops and maintains good working relationship with retail
division and store personnel. Works with customers, in person when
necessary, to resolve complaints. Ensures excellent service to our
- Interfaces with all distribution center management, including
warehouse, human resources, and buyers to maintain
- Prepares and effectively administers department budget.
Authorizes overtime and work to control costs. Evaluates capital
expenditures and prepares requisitions and recommendations.
- Ensures compliance with regulations governing Transportation
including all DOT drug-testing requirements. Complies with
Corporate trailer seal programs.
- Administers and upholds all Company policies.
- Coordinates with Human Resources regarding staffing needs.
- Directs Safety Committee meetings, in accordance with the
- Creates a safe working environment for all personnel.
- Develops store delivery schedules and driver work
- 2 Transportation Superintendents
- 2 -- 10 Supervisors
- All Transportation associates
Relevant Experience, Education, Certification, Knowledge, Skills
- Previous extensive experience and/or formal training or
education in trucking activities to include dispatching, scheduling
and repairs. Prior experience in distribution transportation
management required, preferably with the Company.
- Possess extensive knowledge of regulatory compliance such as;
DOT, OSHA, etc.
- Possess good leadership skills and the ability to supervise the
work of others. Must be able to motivate and work with and through
others to achieve desires results.
- Possess good communication skills, both verbal and written.
Deal effectively with a wide variety of people both in person and
over the telephone.
- Must have the ability to represent the Company's interests in
negotiations with outside professionals and consultants.
- Basic computer skills required and personal computer
experience, with word processing and spreadsheet applications
preferred. Total familiarity with on-board computer programs and
transportation software implemented on a company wide basis.
- Requires the analytical ability to handle administrative duties
and mental alertness to ensure accurate, safe, and thorough
completion of work activities. Possess ability to follow through
with commitments, while dealing with frequent interruptions.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and immediate needs on a
- Most work is performed in a temperature-controlled office
environment. During part of the workday the incumbent may be moving
about the Distribution Center, including the yard, garage area, and
warehouse floor recognizing potential hazards that exist regarding
machinery such as forklifts, pallet jacks, mechanized systems,
movement of tractors and trailers, etc.
- Temperatures in the warehouse may vary between --20 to 70
- Noise levels in all areas are within acceptable tolerance
ranges for those specific work areas.
- Incumbent may sit for long periods of time at a desk or
- Position responsibilities requires some travel (up to 5%)
during the work week and occasional weekend travel
- Incumbent will use calculators, keyboards, telephone, and other
office equipment in the course of the workday.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
of the work performed by the employees assigned to this job. All
employees must comply with Company policy and applicable laws. The
responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so
classified may vary within each department and/or location.
SHAW'S SUPERMARKET'S, INC. IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Keywords: Albertsons Companies, Methuen , Transportation Manager, Other , Methuen, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!