Warehouse Supervisor -2nd SHIFT
Company: Albertsons Companies
Posted on: June 13, 2021
METHUEN DISTRIBUTION CNTR-6652A-METHUEN-MA
Job Title Warehouse Supervisor -2nd SHIFT
Location: Methuen Perishable Distribution Center
Reports To Warehouse Superintendent
Department: Supply Chain Warehouse Operations
FLSA Status Exempt - Salaried
Effective Date February 26, 2021-March 8, 2021
Supervises Warehouse shipping and receiving activities and
employees for a specific shift/area (i.e. inventory control) to
ensure functions are performed within Company and Distribution
Center guidelines. Provides excellent customer service to stores
serviced through accurate handling of inbound and outbound
Job Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Coordinates with Inventory Control employees regarding
slotting, product rotation and space allocation.
- Schedules and supervises of shipping/receiving employees.
- Controls production standards, accuracy of shipments and
receiving, using proper accuracy programs and systems.
- Maintains daily production and accuracy records.
- Processes store returns and return to vendors using proper
- Conducts daily crew meeting to discuss safety, productivity and
- Communicates with Transportation on the flow and receipt of
- Supervises scheduling of inbound load appointments.
- Responsible to sign for, sort and distribute inbound, overnight
carrier and mail service deliveries.
- Walks warehouse daily, with Superintendent, to ensure that
safety, security, sanitation and pest control codes, laws, and
policies are maintained.
- Ensures the most economical and efficient use of equipment and
personnel to accomplish assigned work.
- Develops and maintains good working relationship with all
- Assigned Order Selectors, Receiving, Shipping or any other
Warehouse personnel (i.e. inventory auditors).
Relevant Experience, Education, Certification, Knowledge, Skills
- Possess strong general knowledge of all warehousing operations
and inventory control with prior work experience to include lead
person or supervisory duties, preferably with the Company.
- Possess good supervisory skills and the ability to work with
and through others to achieve desired results.
- Possess good communication skills, both verbal and written.
Ability to read and interpret computerized reports.
- Requires the analytical ability to handle administrative duties
and mental alertness to ensure accurate, safe, and thorough
completion of work activities. Possess the ability to concentrate
and deal with frequent interruptions.
- Basic computer skills required and personal computer experience
helpful, with word processing and spreadsheet applications.
- During part of the workday the incumbent will be moving about
the Distribution Center warehouse floor and potential hazards exist
in regard to machinery such as forklifts, pallet jacks, mechanized
systems, movement of tractors and trailers, etc.
- Temperatures in the warehouse may vary between 32 to 55
degrees. Noise levels in all areas are within acceptable tolerance
ranges for those specific work areas.
- Incumbent may sit for long periods of time at a desk or
- Incumbent will use calculators, keyboards, telephone, and other
office equipment in the course of the workday.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
of the work performed by the employees assigned to this job. All
employees must comply with Company policy and applicable laws. The
responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so
classified may vary within each department and/or location.
SHAW'S SUPERMARKET'S, INC. IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Keywords: Albertsons Companies, Methuen , Warehouse Supervisor -2nd SHIFT, Other , Methuen, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!