Are you our next Babysitter?
Do you have a passion and desire to help others live an active
lifestyle? Do you genuinely care about connecting with others and
being part of a team? If so, Town Sports International is looking
for Babysitters to join our growing team. Babysitters directly
supervise the care of children in our babysitting facilities and
are responsible for providing a safe and fun environment for kids
of all ages.
Who are we?
Town Sports International is the largest gym chain in the
Northeast region with more than 180 locations spanning numerous
markets including locations in California, Florida and Puerto Rico.
We operate under our local brands of New York Sports Clubs, Boston
Sports Clubs, Washington Sports Clubs, Philadelphia Sports Clubs,
Palm Beach Sports Clubs, Around the Clock Fitness, Lucille Roberts,
Total Woman Gym + Spa, and LIV Fitness.
What do we do?
We are in the business of fitness results, positive change and
personal connections. We achieve this through innovative
programming, the latest equipment and a knowledgeable staff. More
than this, we work with our members to provide a personalized
roadmap to achieve specific fitness goals.
You will thrive in this role if you:
- Have an affinity for building relationships.
- Are responsive, organized and have effective listening and
- Possess a strong desire to deliver a phenomenal customer
- Genuinely enjoy working with kids.
- Have a desire to be part of a team.
More about this role:
The Babysitter position allows our members to focus on their
fitness goals by providing safe and effective childcare. The
Babysitter will build positive relationships with parents and the
children in their care. They will maintain order within the
childcare room and create a safe, fun and creative environment. The
Babysitter role achieves success through embodying our core
competencies (Create a TSI Environment, Build a High Performing
Team, Achieve Measurable Results).
Create the TSI Environment
Our profession empowers members and team members to achieve
active lifestyles. Fitness has relevance through all aspects of
life. We build positive relationships and sustain the
organization's culture by interacting with the highest level of
integrity and communicating in a manner that reflects our
- Modeling and promoting our guiding principles through the
- Managing the sign in/sign out procedure meticulously.
- Meeting and greeting parents and children by name.
- Maintain a positive attitude when interacting with the
- Work collaboratively with team members and club leaders to
adhere to schedules and task assignments.
- Reviewing and adhering to all TSI documents including but not
limited to policies and procedures, employee handbook, state
supplement, codes of conduct, etc.
Build a High Performing Team
Inspires, motivates and develops a team to reach their fullest
potential, contributing to the ultimate success of the
organization. We constantly improve ourselves, our processes and
our procedures to provide a meaningful experience in the gym. We
are connected to our members, clients and each other.
Achieve Measurable Results
Successfully and consistently exceeds goals that drive the
member, employee and business categories of the organization;
actions reflect a dedication to surpassing the expectations of both
members and employees.
- Pro-actively interact with parents to address needs,
preferences and interests of children.
- Actively promote ancillary services within the club such as
Parent's Night Out, Sports Club for Kids offerings, etc.
Required Skills and Experience
- Infant, Child & Adult AED/CPR certified.
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Prior experience caring for children preferred.
- Customer Service Experience preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Attention to detail and accuracy, flexibility,
- Professional demeanor and ability to defuse emotional
situations in a calm manner.
- Strong interpersonal skills and good judgment.
- Proven ability to work independently to achieve
- Ability to proficiently use our POS and membership system,
timekeeping any other computer programs required to meet the
business needs of the customer and TSI.
- Physical demands include ability to lift up to 20 pounds with
or without reasonable accommodations, walk through all areas of the
club, climbing stairs (where applicable), and bending and lifting
(e.g. picking up towels, restacking weights, moving equipment as
needed). The company reserves the right to change them as business
needs require and that jobs may require other tasks as assigned to
the employee by the company.