Warehouse Superintendent --2nd SHIFT
Company: Albertsons Companies
Posted on: June 7, 2021
Warehouse Superintendent --2nd SHIFT
Job Title Warehouse Superintendent --2nd SHIFT
Location: Methuen Perishable Distribution Center
Reports To Warehouse Operations Mgr
Department: Supply Chain Warehouse Operations
FLSA Status Exempt - Salaried
Effective Date May 4, 2021- May 14, 2021
Controls, plans, manages, and coordinates the daily activities
for the Warehouse for a particular shift/sector. Utilizes effective
planning to forecast volume, staffing, and supply needs to meet
projected productivity and expense budgets.
Job Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Supervises warehouse activities for a particular shift/sector
to ensure that both incoming and outgoing product are handled
properly using proper training, accuracy systems and programs.
Controls production standards as well as, meet projections for
- Coordinates functions between shifts, to effectively complete
the workload, while providing excellent customer service to the
- Walks all areas of the warehouse with Supervisors; to ensure
building conditions are maintained and comply with Company
standards, associates are working safely, potential safety hazards
are identified and addressed, potential damage is identified and
corrected, and gather information concerning product issues
pertinent to transportation.
- Manages daily inventory by monitoring the timeliness and
accuracy of inventory adjustments made by supervisors and enforcing
consistent warehouse practices in accordance with Company policies
- Ensures that all inbound merchandise is inspected and correct
- Plans and assign work for most efficient use of personnel and
- Supervises and assist in decisions regarding space allocation,
slotting, and inventory control.
- Develops and maintains good working relationship with retail
division and store personnel. Works with customers, in person when
necessary, to resolve complaints such as bad loads, damage,
mispicks, out-of-stock, and delivery schedules.
- Assists in the preparation and administration of department
- Enforces safety standards to reduce accidents and related
expenses resulting from unsafe work practices. Attends monthly
safety committee meeting.
- All other Warehouse Operations associates
Relevant Experience, Education, Certification, Knowledge, Skills
- Previous extensive experience and/or formal training or
education in warehouse operations, preferably with the Company or
in the grocery industry.
- Possess good communication skills. Ability to communicate both,
in writing and verbally, in English and Spanish.
- Possess thorough knowledge of material handling equipment,
traffic management to include truck and rail deliveries and
- Must have working knowledge of government regulations
pertaining to warehouse operations.
- Possess good leadership skills and the ability to supervise the
work of others. Must be able to motivate and work with and through
others to achieve desired results.
- Basic computer skills required, and personal computer
experience helpful, with word processing and spreadsheet
- Requires the analytical ability to handle administrative duties
and mental alertness to ensure accurate, safe, and thorough
completion of work activities. Possess ability to concentrate and
deal with frequent interruptions.
- During part of the workday the incumbent will be moving about
the Distribution Center warehouse floor and potential hazards exist
regarding machinery such as forklifts, pallet jacks, mechanized
systems, movement of tractors and trailers, etc.
- Temperatures in the warehouse may vary between 35 to 55
degrees. Noise levels in all areas are within acceptable tolerance
ranges for those specific work areas.
- Incumbent may sit for long periods of time at a desk or
- Position responsibilities requires little travel (up to 2%)
during the work week and occasional weekend travel.
- Incumbent will use calculators, keyboards, telephone, and other
office equipment during the workday.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
of the work performed by the employees assigned to this job. All
employees must comply with Company policy and applicable laws. The
responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so
classified may vary within each department and/or location.
Keywords: Albertsons Companies, Methuen , Warehouse Superintendent --2nd SHIFT, Other , Methuen, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!