Senior Software Engineer
Company: Globus Medical, Inc.
Posted on: November 4, 2019
SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER
At Globus, we move with a sense of urgency to deliver innovations
that improve the quality of life of patients, inspired by the
surgeons and healthcare providers who treat them.
Our passion, combined with Globus world class engineering,
transforms clinical insights into tangible spine care solutions. We
are constantly in pursuit of better patient care and understand
that speed is critical because life cannot wait. Join us!
The Senior Software Engineer will be responsible for major software
modules for our Robotics products. This person needs to have strong
architectural and technical skills in software engineering. The
position will be a hands-on one with the individual capable of
creative and systematic product development with minimum
The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited
to, the following:
* Develop prototypes, proofs of concept in addition to
* Ensure efficient performance and scalability of solutions
* Demonstrate a passion for software development, software
craftsmanship, and test-driven development
* Understanding of an FDA design control environment
* Contribute to design, testing and documentation
* Develop software tools to support product manufacturing and
* Able to work on sizeable individual efforts as well as on teams
using agile methodologies
* Supports manufacturing, internal testing, and external customers
when presented with quality issues. Prioritizes work to identify
the root cause and create a corrective plan that ensures timely
resolution of issues
* Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending
educational workshops, reviewing professional publications,
establishing personal networks, and participating in professional
* Adhere to the letter and spirit of the company Code of Conduct,
the AdvaMed Code, MedTech Code, and all other company policies.
Ensure Compliance with applicable governmental laws, rules, and
regulations, both in the United States and internationally, by
completing introductory and annual training and maintaining
knowledge of compliance as it applies to your role.
* Represent the company in a professional manner and uphold the
highest standards of ethical business practices and socially
responsible conduct in all interactions with other employees,
customers, suppliers, and other third parties of Globus.
In order to be qualified for this role, you must possess the
* Bachelor s Degree with 5-7 years of professional programming
experience on Windows required or Master s degree with 3-5 years of
* Experience in object-oriented analysis and design
* Experience programming in C/C++
* Experience developing software tools, utilities, and
* Experience in at least one of: Qt, SQL, Lower-level OS
(Multithreading, Sockets, Drivers)
* Experience in Medical Device field a plus
* Ability to work independently and as a key contributor in small
* Excellent oral, written, and graphical communication skills
* Ability to travel up to 5% of the time
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or
contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or
responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with
or without notice.
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. The employee is occasionally
required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or
crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10
pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific
vision abilities required by this job include close vision,
distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception
and ability to adjust focus.
Globus Medical is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be
discriminated against on the basis of disability.
If you do not remember your password click here.
Back to Search Results
Keywords: Globus Medical, Inc., Methuen , Senior Software Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Methuen, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!