Field Service Depot Supervisor
Company: Globus Medical, Inc.
Posted on: October 9, 2020
At Globus, we move with a sense of urgency to deliver
innovations that improve the quality of life of patients, inspired
by the surgeons and healthcare providers who treat them.
Our world-class engineering works to transform clinical insights
into tangible musculoskeletal solutions. We are constantly in
pursuit of better patient care, and we understand that speed is
critical because life cannot wait. Join us!
The Field Service Depot Supervisor will provide technical
assistance and oversight to the field service depot engineers,
while ensuring compliance with all company policies & procedures
and maintaining compliance with US FDA and international medical
device regulations and ISO 13485 quality system requirements. The
main responsibilities will also include actively participate in and
provide support for customer phone inquiries, technical questions,
and the documentation of all customer reports complaints / problems
to ensure that customers are satisfied, and that their needs are
The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited
to, the following:
* Maintaining service management SOPs (call handling, field service
reports, service bulletins, field modifications and periodic
maintenance) in coordination with field service manager
* Engaging in the NPI process and influence decisions regarding
design factors that directly affect serviceability and field
replaceable units, in coordination with field service manager
* Assisting the Field Service Depot Engineer with software
upgrades, procedure creation, procedure validations, new product
releases, change order management and system maintenance
* Maintaining field replaceable unit (FRU) and refurb inventory
levels physically and electronically, while ensuring to update
inventory to the latest revision as needed
* Participating in the returned material authorization (RMA)
processing by receiving, diagnosing, dispositioning and repairing
or RMA with suppliers of returned parts
* Ordering parts and supplies as needed for the field service
department in coordination with supply chain department
* Building FRU kits and ship FRUs to the field as needed
* Participating in internal meetings with engineering,
manufacturing and quality departments.
* Understanding basic technical terms and the operation of the
* Adhering to the letter and spirit of the company Code of Conduct,
the AdvaMed Code, MedTech Code, and all other company policies.
Ensure Compliance with applicable governmental laws, rules, and
regulations, both in the United States and internationally, by
completing introductory and annual training and maintaining
knowledge of compliance as it applies to your role
* Representing the company in a professional manner and uphold the
highest standards of ethical business practices and socially
responsible conduct in all interactions with other employees,
customers, suppliers, and other third parties of Globus
In order to be qualified for this role, you must possess the
* Minimum 5-7 years of experience in technical customer service /
field service operations with administration skills; Experience in
the medical device industry preferred
* Minimum of 5 years previous supervisory experience, preferably
in-service management and customer support
* Bachelor s Degree in Engineering or Associates Degree with
* Services experience (e.g., Clinical Services/Biomed, Radiology)
and a strong understanding of healthcare capital equipment
* GMP and ISO knowledge (ISO 13485)
* Strong MS Office experience
* Knowledge of quality and/or reliability engineering is a plus.
Must be able to make solid decisions that effectively support the
business and company policies.
* Ability to work effectively within a fast-paced environment
* Well organized, detail oriented and capable of meeting strict
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or
contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or
responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with
or without notice.
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. The employee is occasionally
required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or
crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10
pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific
vision abilities required by this job include close vision,
distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception
and ability to adjust focus.
Globus Medical is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be
discriminated against on the basis of disability.
JOB CODE: 1000393
Keywords: Globus Medical, Inc., Methuen , Field Service Depot Supervisor, IT / Software / Systems , Methuen, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!