Registered Nurse/LPN Team Nurse
Company: Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
Posted on: November 13, 2021
Department Description: Beth Israel Deaconess HealthCare-Methuen
Primary Care provides personalized, comprehensive care for patients
of all ages.Job Location: Methuen, MAReq ID: 41664BRJob Summary:
Reporting directly to the Practice Manager and Senior Director of
Nursing, the Team Nurse position is responsible for performing the
duties of a RN/LPN in an outpatient primary care or family medicine
practice and serves as a clinical resource for the medical
practice. The Team Nurse provides high quality, direct patient care
in a team based model to our Beth Israel Deaconess HealthCare (
BIDHC) patients. The Team Nurse is responsible for enhancing the
safety, effectiveness and efficiency of patient care through the
support and delegation of clinical and administrative functions as
appropriate to the Medical Assistant (MA) staff. Responsible for
educating and training our MA team and patients with both general
and focused health education for preventive, chronic and episodic
health care issues. Assumes responsibility, in collaboration with
primary care providers to coordinate patient-centered care, support
transitions between levels of care and counsels, educates and
supports patients in improving health status.Essential
- Coordinate and facilitate quality clinical management of a
broad based outpatient population across the continuum of care.
Collaborates with providers to identify needs for preventive care,
evidence-based chronic disease management and care coordination.
Provides general and specific healthcare education. Works directly
with patients to identify and monitor self-management goals.
- Collaborates care with community based providers. Follows up on
ED visits and inpatient discharges. Assists providers with exams,
treatments and procedures as needed.
- Provides skilled telephonic triage and assessment, education,
collaboration and coordination of healthcare and community
resources. Performs a direct patient care role. Nursing visits
include : Annual Wellness Visits (AWVs) and Chronic Care Management
(CCM) of our BIDHC patients.
- Responsible for INR management and teaching for those patients
on Coumadin using a standardized protocol.
- Administers vaccines and medications by parenteral, oral,
rectal or nasal route by orders of the prescribing provider and by
the Medication Administration policy guidelines established by
BIDHC . Provides patient education as appropriate for the
- Performs a wide range of nursing activities as needed under the
direction of the provider such as wound care, point of care testing
etc. Accurately documents all aspects of patient care in the
Electronic Health Record in a timely basis. Schedules tests and
referrals for specialty care on order of provider.
- Monitors and ensures follow up of all abnormal test and imaging
results under the direction of the provider.
- Oversees the inventory and ordering management of clinical
supplies and equipment as necessary. Ensures safe, accurate and
clinically appropriate collection, storage and processing of all
- Provides oversight, delegation and acts as a resource to
unlicensed staff including MAs, Certified Nursing Assistants and
Nursing Students. Provides on-going education and training to
practice staff. Updates clinical knowledge and skills though
consultation, review of literature and formal and informal
education including CEUs. Maintains compliance with organizational
mandatory annual training.
- The Team Nurse will ensure that PHI (Patient Health
Information) will only be used for the purposes of patient TPO
(treatment, payment and operations). The Team Nurse will ensure
patient safety practices to prevent/eliminate risk of patient harm.
Adverse patient events and near misses will be promptly reported to
the BIDHC Risk Management Dept.Required Qualifications:
- Graduate from an accredited Nursing Program required.
Bachelor's degree in Nursing preferred.
- License Registered Nurse required., or Registration Licensed
Practical Nurse required., and Certificate 1 Basic Life Support
- 1-3 years related work experience required.
- CPR Certification
- At least 1-3 years in a clinical setting, preferably primary
care. The ability to assume responsibility for the coordination of
patient care in an outpatient setting while working as part of a
team of both clinical and non-clinical staff.
- Advanced skills with Microsoft applications which may include
Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access and other web-based
applications. May produce complex documents, perform analysis and
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are guided by
general instructions and practices requiring some interpretation.
May make recommendations for solving problems of moderate
complexity and importance.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are varied,
requiring analysis or interpretation of the situation using direct
observation, knowledge and skills based on general precedents.
- Independence of Action: Ability to follow precedents and
procedures. May set priorities and organize work within general
guidelines. Seeks assistance when confronted with difficult and/or
unpredictable situations. Work progress is monitored by
- Written Communications: Ability to communicate clearly and
effectively in written English with internal and external
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and converse in
English to communicate effectively with medical center staff,
patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate full working knowledge of
standard concepts, practices, procedures and policies with the
ability to use them in varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to act as a team leader for small projects
or work groups, creating a collaborative and respectful team
environment and improving workflows. Results may impact the
operations of one or more departments.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer
service to patients, visitors, staff and external customers in a
professional, service-oriented, respectful manner using skills in
active listening and problem solving. Ability to remain calm in
stressful situations.Age based Competencies:Employees in this job
must be competent to provide patient care to the following age
groups: Young adult: 16-30 years, Middle Age: 30 - 60 years,
Elderly: 60 -.Physical Nature of the Job:Light work: Exerting up to
20 pounds of force frequently to move objects. Some elements of the
job are sedentary, but the employee will be required to stand for
periods of time or move through out the hospital campus
Keywords: Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Methuen , Registered Nurse/LPN Team Nurse, Healthcare , Methuen, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!