Speech Language Pathologist
Posted on: February 11, 2020
AccentCare? is a national post-acute healthcare provider with 45
years of industry experience. We thrive on providing
patient-centric care and a warm and personalized experience within
our local communities.? Your Success is our Success. We strive to
provide our new employees with a structured on-boarding process to
help you become assimilated quickly, and cutting-edge tools to make
your daily work easier and more efficient. We offer extensive
training and a wide-array of opportunities for continued education
and promotional opportunities. Position:?Speech Language
Pathologist Reports to:?Executive DirectorJob
a Speech Language Pathologist, you will:
- Perform patient evaluations in accordance with agency policy
and procedure. Selects appropriate diagnostic material to assess
all aspects of patient care.
- Inform the physician of the results of the assessment and
recommended clinical interventions and receives approval from
physician prior to initiating care
- Develop and document appropriate treatment plans for patients
including selecting appropriate intervention approaches,
strategies, materials and establishing treatment priorities.
- Provide an organized and efficient patient treatment which
includes advising, educating and counseling the patient.
- Present pertinent patient information to physicians and keeps
team members informed of patient status and treatment plan.
- Provide appropriate treatment to patients according to patient
needs and within the parameters set by the agency and payer.
- Determine appropriate goals, which are objective and measurable
in nature in collaboration with team members and patients
- Meet agency productivity standards and uses work hours
- Seek and accept assistance from team members in treatment
planning and intervention.
- Complete assessment, and submit daily progress notes, discharge
summaries and other required forms in a timely manner to prevent
interruptions in patient care.
- Maintain patient documents that allow other therapists or
assistants to effectively treat the patient.
- Attend and participate in agency meetings and committees as
- Communicate the benefits of therapy effectively to patient and
- Appropriately negotiate the patient participation in treatment,
treatment times and treatment plan.
- Monitor patient response to therapy. Communicate concerns
promptly to physician and/or supervisor.
- Document clearly patient/family ability to perform home
- Utilize and direct support staff (assistants and CHHAs, CNAs)
appropriately and in accordance with agency and regulatory
- Schedule/follow the schedule for patient according to proper
procedure and informs appropriate persons of scheduling
- Use equipment and supplies in a proper and safe manner and
notify supervisor of equipment maintenance issues and/or need for
- Return equipment and supplies following treatment.
- Promote professional growth by attending, presenting formal and
informal educational experiences, in-services, conferences and
seminars and/or reviewing professional literature.
- Monitor and complete required written co-signatures for
assistants and support staff on an on-going basis.
- Communicate patient treatment plans, changes in physician?s
orders and advancement of patient treatment techniques effectively
to assistants and support staff.
- Follow-up and respond to memos, requests and voice mail in a
- Participate in the student clinical education program and
functions as clinical resource for students.
- Promote agency programs and activities within and outside of
- Adapt to environmental changes and is able to apply change to a
growth, learning and development opportunity.
- Demonstrate a willingness to take on projects and other
- Maintain and meet agency and professional standards and
practices according to the requirements of the accrediting and
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Maintain compliance with Medicare regulations and completes
functional re-assessments at the appropriate time points.
- Maintain effective communication with patients, caregivers,
referral sources, as well as field and office staff.
- Comply with applicable legal requirements, standards, policies
and procedures including but not limited to those within the
Compliance Process, Code of Conduct, HIPAA, and Corporate Integrity
- Participate in required orientation, Compliance and HIPAA
- Report concerns and suspected incidences of non- compliance
using the 4-Step Reporting Process.
- Cooperate with monitoring and audit functions and
- Participates, as requested, in process improvement
responsibilities.Requirements of Qualified Candidates:
- Graduation from a Master?s program in Speech Pathology
- Certification of Clinical Competence (CCC) from American
Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA)
- Current State licensure or completing a Required Professional
- Ability to function independently, to work effectively with and
relate to patient?s family, personnel and outside agencies
- One year of experience required as a Speech Pathologist
- Must possess and maintain valid CPR certification while
employed in a clinical role
- Sufficient endurance to perform tasks over long periods of work
- Ability to travel to all business locations.
Keywords: AccentCare, Methuen , Speech Language Pathologist, Healthcare , Methuen, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!