Director, Distribution Center Operations
Posted on: November 11, 2019
Does this sound like you?You are a compassionate leader who thrives
on bettering the lives of others, who wants to positively impact to
their employees and customers every single day.How you?ll make a
difference:You will responsible for all operational activities and
P&L accountability across the facility; as well as inventory
accountability and exposure to risk and loss for an automated or
large distribution center. Responsible for providing the highest
possible service to the market customer base, and providing a work
environment conducive to superior productivity, safety, quality,
and morale. You are actively engaged in long term strategic
planning for the distribution center.Employee Management
- Ensure high quality employee attraction, engagement, and
development at all levels.
- Build bench strength through modeling McKesson?s core values
and development of a high-performing culture. Work with regional
management on succession planning.
- Effectively manage all people issues including, but not limited
to, labor, turnover, generational, and diversity and
- Provide leadership and support for on-going training
initiatives for management and employees.
- Develop a strong team of DC leaders and provide coaching and
appropriate development opportunities for direct reports.
- Direct staff to provide a work environment that fosters
creativity, productivity, collaboration, and accountability.General
Management and Operations
- Collaborate with both regional management and local management
to develop and align strategic initiatives to implement
- Actively oversee DC operations and management by giving work
direction, resolving problems, setting deadlines to ensure timely
completion of work.
- Develop the vision for the facility, while tracking current
processes and regularly assessing if best practices are in
- Utilize financial acumen and knowledge, especially in making
- Create the budget for the building.
- Monitor and analyze costs and assist the management team in
- Direct local operations to ensure building?s performance is
within budget and expense plans.Cross-Function Partnerships
- Collaborate with stakeholders from HR, Engineering, Six Sigma,
Finance, and more to ensure operations are identifying, meeting,
and exceeding desired output and best practices.
- Assist the Sales and Buying Center teams to ensure a profitable
business and maintain superior customer service for existing
- Coordinate with Transportation team and Contractors.
- Facilitate the relationship between the Inventory team and
Operations team, to guarantee the DC can meet customer needs.
- Strategize with leaders across the network to stay ahead of
changing customer needs, industry advances, and labor planning
concerns.Compliance and Safety
- Oversee compliance with federal, state, local, and company
policies and safety regulations.
- Assist the management team in diagnosing any safety concerns
and creating ideal solutions.
- Ensure the building is always prepared for either an internal
or external audit.What you will bring to the table:
- 12+ years operations experience including 10+ years managerial
- 4-year degree or equivalent experience
- Advanced knowledge of Operations/Distribution/Pharma Supply
- Experience with warehouse management systems.
- Capable of handling multiple priorities and extensive time
demands regarding both logistics and employee problems and
engagement. Effectively navigates through complex situations, both
internal and external, that may require multiple decision
- Excellent organizational skills, excellent communication skills
(verbal/written), management skills, and contract
- Advanced financial and business acumen to include knowledge of
key financial statements drivers and levers.
- Ability to develop, drive, implement and maintain innovation
and promote continuous improvement around engineering processes,
customer support, cost structure and quality initiatives.
- Experience with DEA regulation compliance.What?s in it for you:
- Rewarding career with a fortune 10 company that allows you to
do great things for patients around the world
- Competitive pay and incentive programs
- Trendy new office space
- Diverse and Inclusive Collaborative environment
- Medical, Dental and Vision Health plans including a great
Wellness plan that reduces your premium costs and encourages your
best healthy self
- Health Fairs and free biometrics screenings
- Onsite Fitness Centers with locker rooms and outdoor trails
- Generous PTO and paid Holidays
- 401K with Company Match
- Career development, trainings, tuition reimbursement
- Additional discount programs and more!For Internal Use
Only:Career Level: M4EOEMcKesson is an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status. Qualified
applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for
employment based upon criminal history. McKesson is committed to be
an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities
to all job seekers including job seekers with disabilities. If you
need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or
application for employment, please contact us by sending an email
to Disability_Accommodation@McKesson.com. Resumes or CVs submitted
to this email box will not be accepted. Current employees must
apply through internal career site. Join us at McKesson!McKesson is
an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran
status.Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from
consideration for employment based upon criminal history.McKesson
is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and
offers opportunities to all job seekers including job seekers with
disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with
your job search or application for employment, please contact us by
sending an email to Disability_Accommodation@McKesson.com. Resumes
or CVs submitted to this email box will not be accepted.Current
employees must apply through internal career site.Join us at
Keywords: McKesson, Methuen , Director, Distribution Center Operations, Executive , Methuen, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!