Group Engineering Manager, Software Quality
Company: Globus Medical
Posted on: September 15, 2023
At Globus Medical, we move with a sense of urgency to deliver
innovations that improve the quality of life of patients with
musculoskeletal disorders. Our team is inspired by the needs of
these patients, and the surgeons and healthcare providers who treat
them. We embrace a culture of exceptional response by partnering
with researchers and educators to transform clinical insights into
tangible solutions. Our solutions improve the techniques and
outcomes of surgery so patients can resume their lives as quickly
The Software Quality Group Engineering Manager is responsible for
leading a team of software quality engineers, while being actively
engaged. This effort includes but is not limited to developing and
implementing test strategies on our capital equipment products. The
individual will play a critical role in ensuring the high quality
and reliability of our products by collaborating closely with the
development and product management teams.
- Manage and mentor a team of software quality engineers,
providing guidance, feedback and support to ensure their
- Collaborate with software development teams to understand
project requirements and design effective test plans.
- Define test objectives, scope, and strategies for automated
- Develop and maintain automated test scripts using testing
frameworks and tools.
- Write efficient, reusable, and maintainable code for automated
- Implement data-driven and parameterized testing to cover
various test scenarios.
- Implement best practices for test automation, including code
reviews and version control.
- Identify and assess project risks related to software quality
and testing, and develop mitigation strategies.
- Proactively address potential issues to prevent project
- Create detailed test plans, test cases, and test scripts,
considering different testing types (e.g. functional, regression,
- Contribute to FMEA reviews and determine tests to support
- Support New Product Introduction in the areas of Design for
testability (DFT) and Design for manufacturability (DFM).
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending
educational workshops; reviewing professional publications;
establishing personal networks; participating in professional
- Adheres to the letter and spirit of the company Code of
Conduct, the AdvaMed Code, MedTech Code, and all other company
policies. Ensures Compliance with applicable governmental laws,
rules, and regulations, both in the United States and
internationally, by completing introductory and annual training and
maintaining knowledge of compliance as it applies to your role
- Represents the company in a professional manner and uphold the
highest standards of ethical business practices and socially
responsible conduct in all interactions with other employees,
customers, suppliers, and other third parties Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform these essential functions.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related
- Proven experience as a Software Quality Manager or similar
- General engineering knowledge to create test methods across
- Strong understanding of software development methodologies and
testing best practices
- Experience implementing automated software test, a plus
- Experience with bug tracking and traceability tools
- Experience with Git, Qt, Test Track Pro, and Jira
- Experience with documentation and validation testing for FDA
regulated industries, a plus
- Excellent leadership, communication and interpersonal
- Attention to detail and commitment to delivering high-quality
- Ability to travel up to 5% of the time Our Values:
Our Life Moves Us philosophy is built on four values: Passionate
About Innovation, Customer Focused, Teamwork, and Driven.
- Passionate about Innovation: Improving patient care by
delivering advanced technology to our customers is at the core of
what we do. We are passionate in our role in improving the lives of
patients by continuously developing better solutions
- Customer Focused: We listen to our customers' needs and respond
with a sense of urgency
- Teamwork: Working together, anything is possible. We value
every person on our team and treat each other with respect. We are
accountable to one another and support each other. Together, we
make each other stronger
- Driven: We pursue our mission with energy and passion. We are
nimble, results-oriented and decisive. We overcome obstacles that
arise in our quest to deliver solutions that will improve the lives
of our customers and patients. Physical Demands:
The physical demands listed here are representative of those that
must be met by and employee to successfully perform the essential
functions of this job.
- Required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or
- Required to regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, and
occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
Required to possess specific visons abilities, including: close
vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth
perception and capacity to adjust focus.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Globus Medical is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability,
marital status, pregnancy, national origin or citizenship. We are
committed to a diverse workforce. We value all employees' talents
and support an environment that is inclusive and respectful.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or
contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or
responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with
or without notice.
JOB CODE: 1002775
Keywords: Globus Medical, Methuen , Group Engineering Manager, Software Quality, Executive , Methuen, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!