Hardware Test Engineer
Company: Globus Medical, Inc.
Posted on: January 17, 2020
HARDWARE TEST ENGINEER
At Globus, we move with a sense of urgency to deliver innovations
that improve the quality of life of patients, inspired by the
surgeons and healthcare providers who treat them.
Our world-class engineering works to transform clinical insights
into tangible musculoskeletal solutions. We are constantly in
pursuit of better patient care, and we understand that speed is
critical because life cannot wait. Join us!
The Hardware Test Engineer will be a part of our rapidly growing
medical robotics division. Here, we develop medical robots by
working with top surgeons and a cross-functional engineering team.
The Hardware Test Engineer will be responsible for developing and
implementing new test processes for capital medical device products
to meet product Quality and Compliance requirements. The position
is hands-on with the individual capable of creative and systematic
test development with minimum supervision. The job requires the
individual to be a team player collaborating with R&D, Software
Development, Program Management, and Manufacturing.
The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited
to, the following:
* Design and develop various types of test equipment/procedures to
support sub-assembly and system testing
* Determine test needs for the entire Product Manufacturing Cycle.
This includes Burn-in, Subsystem and Final Product Acceptance
* Supports Production / Manufacturing, internal testing and
external customers when presented with quality / support issues.
Prioritizes work to identify the root cause and create a corrective
plan that ensures timely resolution of issues
* Interface with operations to understand challenges regarding
testability and improve/poka-yoke test methods along with defining
test technician qualification
* Maintain and support test procedures, tools, programs, and
training on existing products
* Responsible for the creation and/or production set-up of test
procedures, tools, programs, and training for new products released
* Contribute to FMEA reviews and determine tests to support
* Support New Product Introduction in the areas of Design for
testability (DFT) and Design for manufacturability (DFM)
* Participates with engineering in the creation and execution of
* Work with outside vendors to develop, install and validate test
* Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending
educational workshops; reviewing professional publications;
establishing personal networks; participating in professional
* Implement Automated Test Equipment (ATE) where appropriate
* Adhere to the letter and spirit of the company Code of Conduct,
the AdvaMed Code, MedTech Code, and all other company policies.
Ensure Compliance with applicable governmental laws, rules, and
regulations, both in the United States and internationally, by
completing introductory and annual training and maintaining
knowledge of compliance as it applies to your role.
* Represent the company in a professional manner and uphold the
highest standards of ethical business practices and socially
responsible conduct in all interactions with other employees,
customers, suppliers, and other third parties of Globus.
In order to be qualified for this role, you must possess the
* 2-5 years of test engineering experience; Bachelor s Degree in
Electrical Engineering or a similar skillset
* Experience in test development in a manufacturing environment
* National Instruments Labview, NI TestStand, C, C++, Visual Basic,
Python, programming experience preferred
* Experience with documentation and validation testing for FDA
* Ability to work independently and as a key contributor in small
* Proficient with electrical test equipment; oscilloscopes, logic
* Excellent oral, written, and graphical communication skills
* Proficient with Windows, Microsoft Office, and E-mail
* Ability to travel up to 5% of the time
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or
contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or
responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with
or without notice.
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. The employee is occasionally
required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or
crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10
pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific
vision abilities required by this job include close vision,
distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception
and ability to adjust focus.
Globus Medical is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be
discriminated against on the basis of disability.
If you do not remember your password click here.
Back to Search Results
Keywords: Globus Medical, Inc., Methuen , Hardware Test Engineer, Engineering , Methuen, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!