Director, Distribution Center Operations
Company: McKesson's Corporate
Posted on: November 28, 2019
We're looking for a candidate to fill this position in an exciting
- Ensure high quality employee attraction, engagement, and
development at all levels.
- Effectively manage all people issues including, but not limited
to, labor, turnover, generational, and diversity and
- Provide leadership and support for on-going training
initiatives for management and employees.
- Develop a strong team of DC leaders and provide coaching and
appropriate development opportunities for direct reports.
- Direct staff to provide a work environment that fosters
creativity, productivity, collaboration, and accountability.
- Collaborate with both regional management and local management
to develop and align strategic initiatives to implement
- Actively oversee DC operations and management by giving work
direction, resolving problems, setting deadlines to ensure timely
completion of work.
- Develop the vision for the facility, while tracking current
processes and regularly assessing if best practices are in
- Utilize financial acumen and knowledge, especially in making
- Create the budget for the building.
- Monitor and analyze costs and assist the management team in
- Direct local operations to ensure building's performance is
within budget and expense plans.
- Collaborate with stakeholders from HR, Engineering, Six Sigma,
Finance, and more to ensure operations are identifying, meeting,
and exceeding desired output and best practices.
- Assist the Sales and Buying Center teams to ensure a profitable
business and maintain superior customer service for existing
- Coordinate with Transportation team and Contractors.
- Facilitate the relationship between the Inventory team and
Operations team, to guarantee the DC can meet customer needs.
- Strategize with leaders across the network to stay ahead of
changing customer needs, industry advances, and labor planning
- Oversee compliance with federal, state, local, and company
policies and safety regulations.
- Assist the management team in diagnosing any safety concerns
and creating ideal solutions.
- Ensure the building is always prepared for either an internal
or external audit.
- 12+ years operations experience including 10+ years managerial
- 4-year degree or equivalent experience
- Advanced knowledge of Operations/Distribution/Pharma Supply
- Experience with warehouse management systems.
- Capable of handling multiple priorities and extensive time
demands regarding both logistics and employee problems and
engagement. Effectively navigates through complex situations, both
internal and external, that may require multiple decision
- Excellent organizational skills, excellent communication skills
(verbal/written), management skills, and contract
- Advanced financial and business acumen to include knowledge of
key financial statements drivers and levers.
- Ability to develop, drive, implement and maintain innovation
and promote continuous improvement around engineering processes,
customer support, cost structure and quality initiatives.
- Experience with DEA regulation compliance.
Keywords: McKesson's Corporate, Methuen , Director, Distribution Center Operations, Accounting, Auditing , Methuen, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!