Senior Solution Architect
Posted on: September 17, 2020
The Senior Solution Architect is responsible for defining end to
end solutions and/or business offerings to meet the functional and
non-functional requirements of the end customer while ensuring it
is costed, delivered to specification and can be operated.
It is the Solution Architects role to ensure that all elements of
the solution are delivered including the business, application,
technology layers while complying to information and security
requirements and provision an operational service by directing the
domain and functional experts within each of these domains.
- Contribute to the end to end solution design to meet all the
functional and non-functional requirements. Co-ordinate the design
functions from subject matter expert groups and capability units to
ensure that the solution is complete and has no overlapping
- Be able to clearly advise on areas of the solution that may
cause issues to the customer and challenge the need of given
requirements based on economic, time, business and complexity
- Ensure that transitional architectural positions are factored
into designs to allow the transition from as-is to to-be
understanding all of the transitional points required, migration of
data and workstreams required for delivery.
- Produce clear and concise documentation to define the solution
and ensure that supporting lower level design assets have been
- Ensure that all solution(s) and components of undergo the
correct level of governance and sign-off in compliance with Parexel
policies and procedures.
- Via the use of presentation skills, verbal/oral communication
and other influence techniques ensure via contribution that all
stakeholders understand and agree to the solution. Look to
influence the group to allow the best solution to be created and
- Ensure via contribution that all internal and external
stakeholders understand the work you are conducting and are bought
into the approach being used to deliver.
- Identify Risks and Issues. Quantify the impact of each
occurring or not being met as well as creating mitigations and
containments. Help define the factored impact of each resulting
cost or time to the project / program of work.
Definition of Standard Patterns, Tools and Methods
- Ensure that all work undertaken will drive to create repeatable
patterns for future re-use and tools and methods selected can be
reused across Parexel in the future.
- Be able to evaluate functional and non-functional requirements
across the solution defining assumptions to allow design to proceed
in areas of gaps. Identify dependencies on other teams, 3rd parties
and customer working with the project team to clearly define the
impacts if these are missed.
Evaluate and Manage Change
- Be able to evaluate change requests made against the
requirement scope of a solution and understand the impacts to
design, time and cost of the change.
- Define the end to end costing of a solution based of the
solution components designed. Be able to undertake different models
of cost definition at different parts of the solution life cycle to
deploy top down, bottom up order of magnitude or detailed
Technical Team Management
- Lead/manage the technical teams including working with SMEs to
ensure the correct technologies and solution components are
- Work with the BAs and PMs to ensure time scales are understood
and meet customer need. Work across the Parexel business to bring
in appropriate people to deliver the solution. This may include
corporate IT, HR, Finance, clinical SME or other elements of the
business as required.
Market and Technical Trend Analysis
- Stay abreast of technical trends in the market place and
understand the impacts these will have on day to day job. Determine
the right time to introduce these.
Parexel align skills to the SFIA (Skills For the Information Age)
framework and specific skill definitions can be found on the SFIA
Specific skills for the role are:
- Solution Architecture lv4
- Methods and Tools lv3
- Requirement definition and Management lv4
- Business Risk Management lv4
- Emerging Technology Monitoring lv4
- System Design lv4
- Change Management lv4
- Quality Management lv3
In addition, the following skills are desired for the role:
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication
- A flexible attitude with respect to work assignments and new
- Ability to manage multiple and varied tasks with enthusiasm and
prioritize workload with attention to detail.
- Shows Initiative and self-confidence, is adaptable and is able
to cope with changing and evolving priorities.
- Must have the ability to work methodically in a fast-paced,
- Manages provision of consultancy services. In own areas of
expertise, provides advice and guidance to consultants and/or the
customer or other stakeholders through involvement in the delivery
of consultancy services
Knowledge and Experience:
The candidate will ideally have 10 years experience in technical
delivery and have a proven record in undertaking design and
architecture activities. This can be demonstrated via experience of
utilizing skills aligned to below areas and while not necessary
certification would be valuable
- Solution / Enterprise design qualification (e.g. TOGAF) or
- Certification in design methodology (e.g. UML) or
- Certification in scaled agile delivery (e.g. SAFe) or
- Certification in agile delivery (e.g. scrum) or
- Home-based role but must have the ability to travel monthly
Degree in Life Sciences, Engineering, or Computer Science field, or
equivalent.EEO DisclaimerParexel is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to legally protected status, which in the US
includes race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran
Keywords: PAREXEL, Methuen , Senior Solution Architect, Accounting, Auditing , Methuen, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!